Monday, September 30, 2013

Monday's Barn Hop 129

http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Barn-Hop.jpg

Carpet cleaning. That's what's new on the homestead this week.

My friend/real estate broker caught the "look" on my face, then jabbed her elbow in my side in a don't-say-a-word-about-the-carpeting kind of way. I bit my tongue. But, I was thinking: Who puts light-colored carpeting in a countryside home? How will I ever keep it up?" Barb, my realtor, read my mind and said, "Just use up the carpet and replace it with hard-surface flooring when you can."

I have to be honest with you: The beige Berber carpeting was almost a deal-breaker for us when we visited this home 6 summers ago in our search for rural property on which we could raise a family, a garden, orchard and animals of all kinds. We replaced all the carpeting in our previous home with laminate flooring and I for one really enjoyed how easy it was to keep up. I didn't want to go back to carpeting.

So here I am, many years later, fussing with carpeting again.

Yes, even on the homestead, we have to sometimes interrupt our interesting outdoor projects to do something as pedestrian as clean carpets. But now that I have carpeting that looks like-new, I'm inspired to host a Christmas Open House : )

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to hop on over to our neighbors' barns, too:

Prairie Homestead
New Life on a Homestead
Homestead Revival

No comments:

Post a Comment