Saturday, September 14, 2013

Winter: What kind of winter are you anticipating?

Farmer's Almanac recently released their 2014 long-range weather forecast. As usual, I'm a little behind in my fall and winter planning and planting  :/  Summer in this part of the country rolls along deep into what the rest of the country calls "fall". We don't really experience fall weather until November, which gives me enough time to get distracted with other things while I'm waiting for winter to show up. (Note: If I wait for it to show up, it's too late.)

Farmer's predicts the following for my area.
Winter will be much rainier and cooler than normal, with mountain snowfall much greater than normal. Most of the rain, snow, and storminess will come in January and February, when storm damage will be a concern. The coldest periods will be in mid-December and mid- to late January.

Now that I have a better idea of what to expect, it's time to get busy.

Click the link above to see what's in store for your neck of the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment